Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekly Update : March Madness :

Hrm, Been a week or so since I last posted... So i'll give a sort of brief overview for the last week.

Well.. Just made 600 dollars or so since last reported.. not too much, but haven't played too much.

Around Wed/Thurs I played in the next round of the RGP Heads Up Challenge (recpoker.com - one of the largest poker forums on the internet).. and won: Check my standings ~ one more match to championship round : ) "http://www.mindoasis.com/doug/"

I also dabbled a bit in the 10/20 and 15/30 games a couple times on Poker Stars.. oO 15/30 is fun : ) .. left ahead both times.. although I lost around a good 300 right off in my first hand at 15/30 w/J10hearts .. Flop an open ended straight w/ Q9A on board.. Turns another heart to add 7 more outs to my hand and river blanks me after calling a turn raise to give me a bad start... This was easter morning, and we were about to leave.. Lost another 150 or so after a rotation or two and than got even w/a QJ in blinds when I hit Top pair on the flop w/Jack, followed by Two Pair turn with Queen.. --- This got me + 84 dollars and I left. (running late for a community easter egg hunt...bought my little brother, and my roomates daughter a bunch of little easter stuff on a side note/basket and what not...and the GF made my lil brother a cool customized "Pokemon" shirt (he's 7 n into that..wonder where thats leading :p))

Also in the tournament light.. Couldn't play the PS Million Guaranteed this Sunday ~ spent with the family (Easter). .. Was hoping to play in the 215$ buy in Limit event on Saturday and sat in the satellite for hours w/o anyone joining me n just said screw it and joined a couple 50 dollar games.. the same 50/90 person I finished first in last weekend, and an 18 person turbo.. I finished 2nd in the 18person turbo for 297$ (was chipleader with nearly 3x second going to the final table here.. Only to get Pocket Queens my first hand in and slowplay/Trap someone on a 9high flop who gave me action.. He had K9S and rivered a King after getting him all in on the turn..Another bad hand and I was average/low stack again.. gah) ... Finished 12th in the 90 after having chip lead again for awhile about 30min to an hour.. i didn't maintain it as long but stayed in the top 5 until about 15 players left and than donked my chips away trying to accumulate chips going into the final table, and well feeling hung over and tired from the previous night (I use as an excuse, but is completely true.. but was utterly disapointed in a couple of plays I made around this point...)

Since I was playing in the 15/30's for a bit.. and having some nice success in the 50$ SnG's thought I should naturally try a 100$ since I haden't as of yet. Finished 8th of 9. : p .. Got myself stuck on the button w/AKs ... one mid position Raiser, a standard/decent size raise or so.. followed by a caller.. I decided I'd rather just take it here now, but wouldn't mind if they called or pushed, thinking I had the best of it or at least a coinflip now. I made a pretty large raise commiting nearly half my chips... BB Goes All-IN. (Gah...) Thought about it and thought .. AA, KK? .. and thought .. AA? .. and somehow talked myself into him having QQ.. or another AK ... The initial raiser thought about it for a bit and called to give me even more pot odds and make my decision more difficult... So anyways.. I called ... I felt .. eh.. AA, KK, kept going through my head w/question marks? and I talked myself into him having queens and the other guy w/a lower PP, and me having odds to call.. The other guy had 99.. and sure enough BB had AA and my 11% chance didn't hold up.. GG first $100 SNG : ) i'll be back ; p ..In a side note: one of the players here had a picture of ZeeJustin for his Avatar.. Asked if it was him, but no reply.. Think I remember hearing his PS account was closed because of multi-accounting..Not sure.. He's on my Myspace anyways. dropped him a message after reading through his site some day awhile back jus to converse about general strategy that I found interesting... but no reply than too, meh.

~Rich (Akashra777)

1 comment:

Akashra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.