Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bad times @ 10/20 Shorthanded...

The day before yesterday I made a silly decision to multitable 10/20 shorthanded after spending some time drinking w/my GF in the Hot Tub of my apartments... Was a nice day.. So we went and relaxed by the pool w/some drinks... My horoscope for the day gave me a 1 money rating.. on a scale of 1-5 that is... love was 4, and attitude 5... I was feelin great up until the 10/20...

So, I kinda had told myself even though I was feeling great that i'd avoid playing online today.. just relax with the GF and enjoy the day... But but.., after several cervesa's (stupid, stupid, stupid...) I decide hey .. I could make some quick cash at the 10/20 shorthanded right now on Poker Stars... So start up two tables.. and within about 15 minutes.. I'm down 530$ quit. and sit there sulking and miserable while the GF is trying to cheer me up.. I'm sort of yellin at myself .. knowing better than to play such limits after drinking, or at all after drinking + I kinda there's that little guilt of leaving my GF bored there while I'm playing on ocassion which subtley adds to the whole equation...

Also, though.. I just started out a couple hands w/bad beats.. One of the first hands starting out.. I have JQo in the blind and call a raise with 2 other players in... Flop comes out JJA which I'm obviously happy to see as I might likely be up against at least one Ax hand... I check raised the flop thinking there was a good chance the PFR(preflopraiser) would bet again if he hit the Ace and to get a better idea of where I stood.. He did bet.. the next guy folded and I raised. He called. Turns a blank (random low unsuited(to board) card) and I bet out.. He calls.. Rivers another blank.. and I think for a sec and bet again.. He thinks.. and raises.. Gah.. I call.. He' turns over JKs .. great. 2 hands later I hit top two pairs to lose to a rivered flush... Within 15 minutes I lost my 400$ buy-in at one table, and one was down 130 at the other and just quit and sulked ... but at least before going any further..

Yesterday, I only played 2 6-person 20$ SNG's on Noble poker.. Finished 3rd (but in the money (24$) on a 3 payout..) and 1st (on a 2 payout for 84$).. GF was there early so spent time w/her instead o playing... and just wanted a quick ez small win to wipe some of the disapointment from yesterday away and refocus...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your problem is not poker, but your girlfriend. You feel guilty ... effects your play. Face it, she jinxs you - and bores us.

Dump the bitch or show us some naked pictures.