Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Vegas, Vacai, Heads Up, and 500k FreeRoll Play...

Sup Party Peoples?

Haven't posted here in awhile, so felt I should.. Really though, you can probably safely corelate my lack of posting to my lack of play as of late. Which isn't by choice, but by circumstance... Lot of other things going on at the moment interferring with my playtime. Oh wells.. When I have been playing, I've been finding myself in the BoDog Limit HU games frequently lately it seems..

I had been running quite well in these, leaving up in my last 7 or 8 sessions (Up in each individual match) at the 2/4-3/6 level and one 5/10 until yesterday... I started out @ 5/10 yesterday .. Played against some random guy (can't recall the name) and was up a little until he rivered a flush on me w/a lot of action prior.. he left up 40 or so after that hand. A new guy bought in for just 50$ which is a pretty low buy-in here obviously (300$ being default/avg).. DogBoy, OldDog, or something like that.. meh.. can't recall for sure - his pic is of some bum : p. So anyways.. I take his first 50, his second 50, and get him down to 20 on his 3rd while GF's asking me to go get food, and I'm hungry too.. Planning to go after I break this last 50 when he Rivers me with a king after getting all his chips in w/my pocket 10's (Overpair to the flop), and he's holding something like K2o and rivers his king.. I should of just left then... What continued though seemed like a never ending onslaught of Rivered hands that I let get to me. meh. I'd continue sweetening the pots for myself, starting off with what would be and continue to be the best hand until the river over and over and over again.. After this happened about ~80% of the next 10-12 or so hands...I got upset. lol. getting upset here != (does not equal) +EV. I just couldn't believe it over and over again.. Anyways he left up on me quite a bit after I started playing like a complete jackass. I got up walked around a little, MF.. MF, I can't believe this sh@! to myself a few times silently... Pounded a little bottle of "TAO" (French Vodka/French Brandy Mix), asked myself why it's "French", and made back 100$ in around 20 minutes at a 1/2 shorthanded NL game, which was about 1/3 of what I had just lost HU. I bought in for 50 here, and one of the first few hands in here I'm all-in after ending up w/ close to 2/5ths my chips in after positionally raising a flopped nutflush draw, inside straight draw, small pair, w/an Ace kicker, Was something like me: Ac4c, Board: 2c 4h 5c. This resulted in someone comeing over the top of me for the rest of my chips.. Well was ez call for me here as I was in a rampaging sort of mood + great odds + I just didn't feel real strength.. Thought he was more likely bluffing than holding a set, etc.. (wanted multiple callers, or I might of pushed the flop). My hand held up w/o improvement to his Jack high flush... Anyways made a few other steals w/Air and left w/the anxious GF to get food. Went and grubbed @ a kinda sports/pizza place down the street, watched a bit of the clippers/pheonix game, drank, and I owned her at some gun game... heh : ) .. serious. She sucks at that. She'd trade me guns after she'd lose some of her lives and than would be out before I lost anymore of hers. d'oh : ) .. <3'z : p .. Although, We went to another pizza place.. the weekend before (friends bday).. Had a series of first to win 5 games wins.. and she took it.. Was up 3-1 playing that game where you can choose to play different trivia, strategy, or card-based games w/up to 4 players that they have in bars or pool halls sometimes.. Anyways... She put me on tilt when she picked Pinball which I'm usually quite good at.. My ball seems to have a magnetic attraction to the side lanes here and I lose twice in a row...Man Last time I played I hit two free games after beating the free game/high score on another machine too like a month or so before.. So now were tied.. We play that golf game, and I'm up until the last hole where I play like a maniac and we end up tying.. Back to the multi game.. She picks the game since I picked golf, and she wins.. I pick some other game neither of us have played on the same multi-game thing and she owns me. GG GF. Next time. ; p.

Oh ya, On the way to the pizza place.. Was listening to 95.5 KLOS.. Classic Rock type station.. Anyways.. Here something on the radio about the next callers winning an all-expense paid trip to vegas to stay in a 5-star suite for 4days, 3nights.. If you can answer some question about the Beatles.. Was an a,b,c,d type answer.. Called in, forgot the question and answers, the GF said, say "A", so I did... They said A. yes Paul Mcnartney recorded this song in this year (or whatever), yes you are correct.. blahblah .. Took my # down and said they'd call me back in the next 25 minutes. They called and tell me I win a: 5star room w/a hot tub & patio, 200 in gambling chips, and various passes to vegas shows/nightlife, and some sort of tour of vegas.. Thinking it sounds all good, but than they tell me I need to make a 99$ fully refundable deposit... I'm obviously like well wth, I won a free-all expense paid trip that I have to pay for? I question them quite a bit.., He makes a good point of it being broadcasted on a well known national radio station.. and I buy-into it. Hey, I've been missing Vegas : ). Spoke w/3 different people gathering and verifying my information though, and sounded valid enough w/everything else. I think I made the correct read.. Let's just hope I still have a dollar in my account next time I check.

My Birthdays May 29th, and the GF's is May 28th, (along w/the other 8 or so birthdays w/in a couple weeks of this time.. Sis is 28th too, and other sis is 25th) .. Anyways, Were getting a beach type house in Dana point for a few days, camping a night out on the beach and than if that package comes through in time (not sure..) wanted to goto Vegas.. Otherwise, we can get a timeshare there too : p .. Damn, she needs a fake ID.. 20. Oi. : ) Guess, that's not much fun sitting around in the hotel while I'm playing half the trip huh? + I gotta feel guilty about it. bah. Anyone know a good place where they can change 86 to 85 on her ID? : )

500k. Lol.., well it rhymed. + Was just looking over a mail about the Noble 500k this weekend, and thought I'd do a freeroll today and win my way in. Nothing special there really.. Just on the top of my head. $100,000,000 to; what at first I heard making a royal flush, than a royal flush of spades, than a royal flush of spades at the final table of the yet to be disclosed 'secret' location. Wow. Some nice odds there. Lol, but sure it helps the advertising, and even nicer if someone was actually fortunate enough to hit it. They do at least have a few other hands that are a nice added incentive although still very improbable, but not impossible: 750k for a straight flush, or 500k for Quad 10's through Aces. Nice to be thrown in all the same. Anyways plan on making it in to this tournament today : ).

Also, Made it up to the final four on the RGP HU Challenge:
http://www.mindoasis.com/doug/ 4 down and just 2 more to go.

1 comment:

Akashra said...

..Never made the 500k Freeroll.

Got eliminated after waiting through awhile with nothing... Finally pick up pocket queens. Raise pre..Heads up.. Flop a set of queens (Nuts on flop) w/two hearts... Check raise other guy all in after a large flop bet and he calls... He shows pocket 8's with one heart.. Turn Heart, River Heart, and i'm outz.