Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Playing W/Hachem: 1050$ Buy-In

Sunday - March 26, 2006:

Won a 33$ rebuy satellite.. spent 33x4 = 132$ and won a 1050$/Mill Guaranteed tourney seat the same day.

I ended up starting out this table w/the 2005 WSOP 10k main-event winner: Joe Hachem.. Was more impresseved w/Raymers play at another table however.. I ended up finishing a little before the bubble around 330-333 .. Hachem finished around 420... There was around 1570 entrants, and if I chose to squeeze into the bubble as I believe I could could have easily managed after doubling up w/Aces just a couple hands before I got knocked out, I would of been guaranteed 1870$ .. Bubble was top 225 players..




I was a bit disapointed in the play I got eliminated on though.. I think I could have waited for a better opportunity... Had TT(10 - 10) UTG (first to act).. and I made a somewhat standard (but yet slightly more threataning at that point w/the bubble approaching) raise of 3x BB... folded around to CO (Cut off - 2nd to last to act) who sat there for awhile.. Clicked "Time", and eventually called... This scared me somewhat : ) .. but I was thinking he had something more along the lines of a mid pocket pair or hand like AQ/s by the play or possibly AK and contemplating a raise.. I thought it's possible he might have Jacks, but didn't put him on much higher.. I considered possible queens as well though, but didn't feel the Aces or Kings..



Anyways flop came out 9 high rainbow... and w/o much further thought (donk) I pushed. .. He called pretty quickly. Flipped his Jacks and I layed their flapping around for a hint of breath like a fish out of water only to end up dead. GG.

No comments: